About Me

My name is Catalina Carrion-Kozak, I have chosen to start this blog to share my story, my journey, and my future goals with you all. I hope you guys enjoy!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The unexplainable..

This is the Unexplainable..
     One thing that I think all Exchange Students at some point get is... Home sick.
The weekend that I went to visit my friend Mel we had went to a friends house and ate dinner. At the dinner table, while Megan's (our friend) parents began to ask questions about my life, I began to get this feeling in my stomach. This feeling was indescribable. I felt sad and confused. I held back the tears until dinner was finished and then I politely asked to be excused. I ran upstairs to the bathroom and balled my eyes out!
Home sickness: takes over your body (i could not stop crying)
That was the first time I had actually got Home sick out of no where.
     I love it here in Austria but being this far away from home and for this long has hit me now and I hate to say it but.... I am home sick!
Things I miss from home:
  • I miss my little brother
  • Family hugs (not that I don't get them here) I get hugs from the family here all the time
  • Arepas on Sundays
  • Drives to Denver with mom
  • Cheerleading
  • My friends (Meghan, Aubrey, Morgan, Justin, Nick, cheer girls)
  • High school games, dances, sports
  • SNOW! (i never thought i would say it but i miss SNOW)
  • I miss driving
  • I miss a lot of the clothes i left back home
  • I miss texting and calling friends

No comments:

Post a Comment